Sunday, January 17, 2016

Easy Harvest Meals

If you're a farm wife like me, who has to feed a crew of hungry guys during harvest, or just anyone looking for some easy meal ideas, this is the post for you!
This past harvest, I cooked on Tuesdays and Thursday. The guys had to bring their lunch the other days, but I decided to cook those two days cause everybody gets tired of a sandwich. To make things easier, I planned my meals and wrote the ingredients down before harvest. Every two weeks I would go to the store for the next two week's ingredients.
I got most of my recipes from Pinterest, but some were my ideas. I only took a picture of a few meals, but you can click on the link to see someone else's. All of these meals were good too, none were a flop! Sometimes I doubled or even tripled the recipe. I'll even include what else I served.
Served with mac n cheese, corn from our garden, and rolls.
 
 
 
Served with mashed potatoes and broccoli and cheese.
 
 
 
Served on buns with hashbrowns.
 
 
 
 
Served with baked beans, corn on cob, and bbq bread.
 
 
 
Served with fries.
 
 
 
Serve with collards from the garden, 7 Up Biscuits, and corn on the cob.
 
 
 
Lasagna
No recipe here. Just bought a family size frozen lasagna and served it with salad and breadsticks.
 
 
 
Served with chips.
 
 
 
 
Roast
Bought an appropriate size roast, put it in crockpot, added potatoes, carrots, and two cans of beefy mushroom soup. Cook til done. Serve with biscuits.
 
 
 

Serve on buns with chips.
 
 
 
Serve with green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, and rolls.
 
 
 
 
This is my recipe on my blog. Scroll down the post to find it. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese.
 
 
 
Serve with Texas Toast
 
 
 
Serve with cheese, crackers, and sour cream.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment