Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Camper Re-do!

So, if you read my blog back in June about our vacation to the Smokies, you will remember that we got a "new" camper. In the months leading up to our first trip, I spent a good bit of time redecorating and organizing it! Here's my before and after pictures. Beware, there's a lot!
 
Before: Living and Dining room (note the ugly fabric pattern, it was everywhere! Couch, curtains, bench cushions, wall border, bedroom) 

 Before: Bedroom (or as we call it, Reed's room)
 

Before: Bathroom 

 Before: Master Bedroom (there's that ugly pattern again!)
 
 
And now for the afters...
Living and Dining Room.
As you can see, I removed every bit of that wall border, replaced the curtains, recovered the dining benches with striped plastic table cloths (easy to wipe!), and covered the couch with a fitted sheet (easy to throw in washer!).

Here is a better picture of the couch. It can fold into a bed, so having a sheet over it works great! 

Here's the entertainment center in the living room. We bought a new tv, Lance fixed the radio/cd player, and I added storage boxes for the remote and dvds.
 
Above the couch/dining table are 4-5 cabinets. I organized all of them with tubs. Each cabinet has something different stored in it. Left to right we have, office supplies/user manuals, spare lightbulbs/batteries, flashlights/Kleenex, games, and so far an empty cabinet on far right!
 
Kitchen
Due to an *ahem* electrical mishap, we had to get a new microwave. I found some stick on stainless steel backsplash on clearance at Lowes, added the paper towel holder, hung the new curtains and peeled more ugly wall border off. 

The fridge was wooden. I painted it with chalkboard paint. Makes a great place to write lists! 

Here's the pantry. I also painted the center of the doors with chalkboard paint. I just haven't decided what to write on them yet! All the cabinets have kitchen storage containers in them. I kept breads/cooking supplies in the top cabinet, snacks/side dishes in the middle cabinet, and the bottom I keep a stockpile of extra paper plates/cups/silverware/plastic bags/laundry soap/clothes pins/etc... You can see my broom and dust pan hanging on the side.
 
This is my upper kitchen cabinet. I added some shelves for storage to hold all my plates/cups/bowls/etc. I have my measuring cups hanging on the door. 

I got drawer dividers for my silverware, I keep all my cooking utensils in the middle drawer, and the bottom drawer has kitchen towels/dish cloths.

I keep my pots and pans in the cabinet under the stove. I didn't take a picture, but I keep a pyrex dish and a couple of cookie sheets in the oven.

In these tubs under the sink, I keep my dish mat and soap and cleaner/cleaning rags.

This is the cabinet by the door. I keep things you might need outside stored in this cabinet...paper towels/bug spray/sunscreen/lighter...
 
 Reed's Room
I put a different colored fitted sheet on each bunk. While we were cleaning out my grandmother's house, we came across enough spare pillows and quilts to use on the beds.
 
Here's a better picture of one side. I also bought some cheap blankets for each bed when you don't need a quilt.
 
 This is really hard to see cause of the bright sun, but I made curtains out of pillow cases for all four windows. This side has blue/green pin striping, and the other side has red/tan plaid. I used that iron on tape to turn the cases into curtains, so easy!

I added plastic drawers for clothes and baskets for toys in his closet.

Bathroom
We added shelving for towels and moved the hand towel holder. 

I bought a new shower curtain. 

Added baskets to store toiletries in.

More baskets in our medicine cabinet for things we use every day.
 
Master Bedroom
 Ugly bedding? Gone! I replaced it with an older comforter I had, and the "decorative" pillow is the case from the sheet on the couch. I took down the head board and replaced it with a picture from Hobby Lobby. I left the picture on the cardboard it came on, but instead of a frame, I lined it with rope.
 
Added storage in our closets too.

I made these curtains for both bedroom windows. I bought a bundle of fat squares (squares of random fabric) at Walmart in the color scheme I was going for and cut them into strips. Just tie them to the curtain rod, and tada! Curtains!

More cheap artwork from Hobby Lobby. I had to have it.
 
Inside isn't the only place I organized! 

I organized each outside storage bin. Each bin has a "purpose". There's one for camper setup, sewer hookup, camp chairs, campsite set up, tools, etc...

Each tub is labeled with what is inside to make it easier to find.
If that wasn't enough organization for you, I have a "master" book where I have the contents of each cabinet inside and each bin outside. Nothing should ever get lost! Unless I lose that book, lol.
 
Hope you enjoyed my "Camper Re-do!"

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I am SO envious that y'all got a camper!!! We had one growing up and had THE BEST OF TIMES in it! I keep begging my husband for one now, but maybe when our kids are older.
    Secondly, I admire your ambition and drive to do all these cool things to make your camper super special and organized! Great job! :D
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete