Friday, November 2, 2012

Organizing the Dining Room

The one room in my house that has always been neat and organized....the dining room! All I had to do was dust and take pictures!
 
 As you can probably tell, my dining room is full of farm decorations!
 

Here's a closer look at the Fall decorations on my table. 

My china cabinet holds my "fancy" John Deere plates. The door on the bottom left has platters and placemats. The door on the right has my grandmother's silverware from the 1950s and some things I use to decorate my table with. The three drawers in the middle hold my John Deere silverware, soup mugs, and tablecloths. 

 I have a stalk of cotton, an old butter churn, and three old mason jars with corn, brown cotton, and cottonseed/cotton picker spindles in this corner.
 
This corner has an antique hall tree and more cotton in old churns! There is an old pick sack in the seat of the hall tree. I have a basket full of old cookbooks in the floor. My grandmother painted those pictures on the wall, one of my house, one of a barn in a cotton field, and another of a cotton picker. 

And in the last corner, I have a curio cabinet with my grandmother's old china, with some other random antiques. That sign on top says "Happy is a girl who learns to cook, either from her mother or from a book!" You know that's an antique! lol.
 
 
Anyways, hope you enjoyed my dining room!

1 comment:

  1. If your dining room is organized, it makes your home extra comfortable. And it can be the only easily organized room in the house.

    Farm dining room tables

    ReplyDelete