Monday, November 19, 2012

A Post Dedicated to Soybeans

Sadly, it is a very short post. One of these days I will actually make it to the soybean field more often. I managed to get 4 pictures this year, which is 4 more than usual. We don't grow many acres of soybeans, and the fields are usually the farthest from the house. We also don't have to tend to soybeans near as much as the cotton or peanuts. I never get any pictures of harvest either because I'm always in the cotton field when someone is harvesting our beans. So, because I feel bad for neglecting the soybeans, here is an entire 4-picture post dedicated to them.
 
These beans were about two weeks away from harvest when I took this picture.  As you can see, the morning glories were trying to creep their way into the beans.
 Smile for your close up.
 See that change in color? We ran out of seed right in the middle of this field and had to get a different variety to plant.
And last, but not least, naked soybeans! This is what they look like out of their shell! Maybe next year I'll get some harvest pictures. Yeah, I always say that, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment