Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peanuts! Git Ur Peanuts!

Since we just finished our peanuts and have less than 200 acres of cotton to go, I thought I would share some pictures from the peanut field! I hardly ever made it to the peanut field this year, unless I was bringing lunch, because I was always in the cotton field!

I took this picture in our backyard.

It's getting a little clearer...

Oh, there it is! The peanut combine!

This tractor is pulling the peanut inverter which basically grabs the peanut vines and flips them over,  leaving the peanuts on top for the combine to get.

Here is a row of inverted peanuts. They have to dry for a few days before they are able to be combined. 



There is so much more to peanuts, so if you would like, here are some "Peanut 101s" from the past couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment