Saturday, July 2, 2011

Help! I'm being squashed to death!

 Who knew that 5 little squash plants....
 especially if you miss one day of pickin'...
 could produce this much freakin' squash in 2 days?! I swear that one squash up there is 2 foot long!  I have canned 30 pints, frozen at least 5 gallons, and have eaten squash every way known to man!

We do have a few other things in our garden besides state fair worthy squash...
We have 8 tomato plants, and 4 of them are loaded with green tomatoes. I've picked one small ripe one so far.
 Our okra is about thigh-high, but isn't producing okra yet.
 We have a row of corn that is coming up sporadically, due to it being so dry when it was planted, then it rained like 5 inches. Good thing we have corn planted in another location too.
 We also have about 7 cucumber vines. I've already made some sweet pickle relish, and I've picked enough in the past 2 days (25-30) that I can make some dill pickles.
 I also have a row of zinnias. My neighbor gave me some of their seed.
 I've never had flowers do this well, very exciting!
Oh and look what else is growing bigger in the garden...me! haha. If you're wondering why I look bell-shaped, I'm wearing a sundress, lol.

4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna be glad when we get to pick the garden... it's getting close though!
    Looks great.

    I took pictures of my shadow, when preggy. I think they are fun! :P
    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ever eat fried green tomatoes... I can never resist when the green tomatoes start coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your squash looks great! Here's 2 recipes that you should try if you haven't already!
    http://wvtreasures.blogspot.com/2009/02/squash-casserole.html

    http://wvtreasures.blogspot.com/2009/07/apple-zucchini-bread-vintage-thingie.html

    .·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤
    Happy 4th of July!
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey steph, thanks for stopping by! wow, your garden is perfectly neat between those rows! kudos to you for your wonderful bounty so far and i love your zinnias. so beautiful! how exciting that you are preggy! whoo hoo! keep well and take care!

    ReplyDelete