Tuesday, June 9, 2009

North to Alaska!

Was a pretty good John Wayne movie. But that's beside the point. What I'm talking about is a vacation to Alaska! No, not us. Lance won't fly. I suppose if farmers were meant to fly, their tractors would have wings. When I was growing up, I was fortunate enough to have visited 47 states and Canada. I feel like I've been to Yellowstone 42 times, Niagara Falls 17 times, and I know I've driven by the Cadillac Ranch at least 10 times. Where I've never been is California, Alaska, and Hawaii. In the 3 years that I've been married, my parents have already visited California, I'm sure they're planning to go to Hawaii without me next year, and they are currently schmoozing with the eskimos in Alaska! They are staying in a cabin near Denali National Park that has no television, no telephone, but, by george, they have internet! Now tell me why Timbuktu, Alaska can have internet, but Miller Rd. Snead, AL is stuck with dialup?? Do the polar bears in Alaska really need to connect with the polar bears in Antartica that bad? Anyways, thanks to the Alaskan internet, here's some pictures from their trip!


View of the Canadian Rockies from the airplane.
Otters
Mountains

Bald Eagles

A glacier melting into the ocean.
Seals
----------------------------------------------
While my parents are hobnobbing with Sarah Palin, we're still here slaving away on the farm! We have completely finished planting! Yippee! The final planting numbers are 110 peanut acres, 40 corn acres, 400 cotton acres, 100 soybean acres.
Anyways, enough about the farm...here's whats happening with the house!

8 comments:

  1. Is this what they finished today?
    We saw Mt McKinley today which is a rare occasion. It is always covered with clouds. But to God be the glory he is showing off his stuff on this trip.Your daddy told you we will knock Lance out and put him on a plane the next time or give him a valium like they do dogs when they fly, then you can finish the states.Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures...both of Alaska and the new construction....Devon

    ReplyDelete
  3. your parents are smart to travel and see our country. wish mine did that...love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures!
    I see defiinite progress being made on your house. How exciting! I bet you are counting the days down till you can move in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved Alaska -- I've been twice. Each time was unique.

    Steph, the house is coming along nicely. Isn't it wonderful to be able to see a house, and not an empty lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now if your parents came thru Seattle they could have meet a complete stranger. we could have had a nice cup of starbucks coffee. Visited the Pike Place Market and ride the duck tour of Seattle. Your house is looking great. It will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are so cool! I've always wanted to visit Alaska, too....but there is something like that plane ride I don't like either...lol!

    I LOVE the house! It is coming along quickly!! I can't wait to see more!!

    ^^^WAVES^^^

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steph, YES, that was the year that everyone got sick right after Christmas! I don't think I have ever been so sick in my entire life! Remember a week later at your parent's house on New Year's Eve? NOBODY touched the food! LOL!

    ReplyDelete