Friday, January 6, 2017

Creamy Potato Soup

I originally got this recipe from Janet over at A Farm Wife's Life. I made a few modifications to it like leaving out the carrots and onions. I'm allergic to carrots (yeah, I know, crazy), and the rest of my family won't eat onions.

Creamy Potato Soup

4-5 potatoes
1/4 stick butter
3 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sour cream 
Salt/Pepper
Cheese/Bacon Bits

Peel potatoes. Chop into small pieces. Put in pot and cover with water. Boil until soft. Drain water and place on medium burner. Add butter and 1 1/2c milk. In small lidded bowl, add flour, sour cream, and 1 cup milk. Shake to mix. Add to pot. Fill pot with milk to cover potatoes. Cook till thick and creamy. Add salt/pepper to taste. Top with cheese/Bacon.

1 comment:

  1. I loveeee....Thank you for sharing. It been a potato unseason, this is a good way to use the little very pricey potato that can be gotten in the market. Yummy

    ReplyDelete