Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well, it was Monday actually. I've been too busy to wish myself a happy birthday!!
On Saturday, my grandmother had a birthday supper for me.

There was waaay too much food,

([L-R]Lance's Aunt Nell, My Mother in Law, My Father in Law, My Uncle Al, Lance's Uncle Jim, Lance, My Grandmother)
and not quite enough people there to eat it all! But we tried!

[(L-R)My Dad, My Mom, My Aunt Candie, My Other Grandmother)

So, what did I get for my birthday??
A septic tank! (Every girl's dream!)

A culvert pipe for my driveway!

My front yard cleaned up and mowed!

I got to take a picture with Lance's nice, clean cotton picker!

And finally, Lance bought me a welcome mat for our new house!

Looks like we're close to being able to use it!
The sheetrock finishers are almost through, the porch railing is almost complete, and our cabinets are currently being made! Hopefully it will be finished at the end of the month!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You have accomplished a lot lately! Like the mat...Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mat! It looks like you always have such wonderful get-togethers with your family. That's always the greatest gift of all. Can't wait to see the house all done (in pics, of course)!! Happy birthday, Turtlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Looks like you had a great birthday with lots of family and the house is looking great!
    Bet you can't wait to get moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Lance is pretty darn good to you! Love the mat! Happy Birthday; it looks like you've got a lot to be thankful for and a lot of people that love you. Thanks for sharing your birthday with your 'blog sistas'.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The house looks great....I can't wait to see it in person!!!

    ^^^WAVES^^^^

    Robin :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, Sorry I missed your birthday. Looks like you had a grand party.

    And I happen to think a septic system is a perfect present for a new home. LOL

    The house is looking good. I know you can't wait to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are the only person I've heard of who got a septic tank for their birthday-something else unique about you girl! Looks like you had an awesome birthday feast. The house is looking great too. Cute welcome mat, but where are the chickens? LOL! HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! The progress on the house looks great!

    ReplyDelete